Small businesses worldwide specifically in United States are continuously growing. According to 2018 U.S. Annual Business Survey, United States hired 58.9 million people or 45.7% of private businesses in 2015. Businesses with less than 100 employees have the biggest share in US employment.
However, small businesses nowadays facing either continue renting a space or just set up a small business office from home during this crisis. In a current new normal, setting up a home office is more convenient, cost-effective, and safer than leasing an office. If you are starting a business, these tips can help you how to set up your first home-based business.
- Choose a workspace. Select a spot in your home that you can quietly work without distractions. Put the things you need first in setting up as follows:
- adjustable table
- comfortable office chair
- adequate lighting's
- reliable laptop or desktop of your choice
- high-speed internet
- printer scanner
- and a cup of coffee
Voila! And you’re on your way.
2. Be sure you can be contactable. Choose what kind of equipment you will use in order to be contactable. If you’re starting a home-based business, phones can help you transact with your clients but separate your home phone from business phone. Another option is to register your home phone into business phone. So that you will never miss out important calls.
You can add a facsimile machine, and a mobile phone with internet connection. Your mobile phones are useful as a backup communication to your clients.Download some communication apps available online like Messenger, Skype, WhatsApp, and others.
3. Have a Virtual Assistant in your team. Hiring a virtual assistant in your first home-based business can quickly set up the pace of your operations. If you’re hesitating to hire a full-time employee, a remote staff can be paid in per hour or per project basis without sacrificing the work quality you can get from a regular employee. Some of the services virtual assistants can provide include:
- Digital Marketing
- Customer Support
- Project Management
- Social Media Management
- E-commerce Support
- Real Estate Support
- Administrative Support
- Dispatching Support
- Bookkeeping/Accounting Services
Now, you have the time doing important decisions in your business like presenting to investors, planning a new product or service, and others. Plus, the most essential thing in a home-based business is following your passion and doing what you really love.
Hire a virtual assistant today. Visit us at www.crackerjacksva.com.